Homeowner’s Insurance

Trusted Brokers to Help with Any Situation

Eligibility for home insurance in California is stricter than ever. Whether you’ve experienced challenges getting insured because of fire risk, your breed of dog, or something else, we’ve seen it all.

That’s why we’ve become experts in assessing your situation and engaging the right companies to come up with the best possible policy options for you. Eliminate the stress of shopping for home insurance and trust our experienced insurance brokers to guide you through the process.

Whether you own a home located deep in the forest, a condo in town, or even a mobile or modular home, IB&C home insurance brokers are prepared to help you both apply and qualify for the insurance you need.

We think of everything when working with you to find the best policy, including some details that you may not have considered:

  • Where will you stay if your home is destroyed? Is that covered?
  • Will your valuable collections (like stamps, model trains, art) be covered?

Will your policy cover the actual value of your property or what it costs to replace that property?

Homeowner’s insurance can look quite different depending on the type of home you have. Let’s look at the most common types of homeowner’s insurance and the complexities that may arise with each.

Home Insurance

Whether you’re a new homeowner looking to reduce your premium or you received a non-renewal from your current company, we can help.

Insurance companies often use satellite photos to determine the condition of your home and then ding you for “attractive nuisances” and high-risk features.

Our brokers are well-versed in finding you the best rates because we know which insurance companies to shop through.

  • Do you have a certain kind of dog that could make shopping harder? We know where to look.
  • Does your property have an “attractive nuisance” like an old, rusty car, a trampoline, a swimming pool, or large bins of trash? We know how much you have to clean up to qualify for insurance.

The best thing to do before applying for a new policy is to review your coverage, set up a meeting with your IB&C agent, and assess your home for any issues that could inhibit your goal to get appropriate home insurance. IB&C will take a good, honest look at your property details and advise you on how you can get the best insurance at the best price.

High-Risk Homeowner’s Insurance: What You Need to Be Aware Of

There’s a whole slew of reasons why your homeowner’s insurance could skyrocket. To insurance companies, “high risk” includes anything that could make your home more susceptible to severe damage and natural disaster. This includes:

  • Living in a wildfire-prone area
  • Internal or external hazards like broken windows or encroaching trees
  • Past claims
  • Old roofs
  • Old plumbing and electrical
  • Distance from the fire station and/or fire hydrant

California has recently experienced some extreme weather conditions and natural disasters, including prominent fires, drought, and record-breaking snowfall in the mountains.

When you live in a high-risk area for wildfires, eligibility and pricing for homeowner’s insurance can be a moving target. The recent fires have caused many people to see their homeowner’s insurance premiums increase by 50 to 150%, while others have lost their coverage completely.

If you’ve been looking around and feel discouraged, we hear you. Over the last 40 years, we’ve endured the ups and downs alongside our clients, and we’re prepared to do the same for you today.

When it comes to home insurance, we know our stuff:

  • We know which insurance companies are writing and which ones aren’t
  • We provide you with a checklist of home updates to complete before you apply for a policy so that you can qualify for the best possible policy at the best price available
  • We can review your current policy and may be able to help you lower your premium by finding an alternate insurance company or policy or by helping you know what property improvements to invest in
  • We walk you through your policy so you have a clear idea of your premium, deductible, and benefits

Condo Homeowners Insurance

If you own a condo, your homeowner’s associations policy will cover the structure of your home. To be fully protected, you will need an additional policy for the belongings and internal features of the home. But where does one policy start and the other end?

We work with you to make sure there isn’t a gap between the policies, so your condo—and everything in it—is covered. Together, we will have a true and complete conversation about any policy we are evaluating to ensure you are fully covered. Learn more about condo insurance here.

Mobile and Modular Home Insurance

You’ve chosen your mobile or modular home for a reason. Maybe you enjoy the amenities and community of your mobile home park. Maybe you purchased the mobile home for a friend or loved one. Whatever the reason, your financial investment deserves adequate coverage.

Currently, there’s only a narrow range of providers offering mobile and modular insurance. Don’t let that limit your options. Trust IB&C to work with you through the entire process, from shopping to signing. We want you to sign a policy you can have confidence in.

Vacant Home Insurance

Vacant homes need insurance too. In fact, vacant home insurance can protect you from unique and devastating scenarios including vandalism, trespassing, and damage from appliances just sitting there.

  • Is your vacant home fenced?
  • Does it qualify as an “attractive nuisance”?
  • Does your vacant home include other “attractive nuisances” like a swimming pool or trampoline?
  • Is your home attractive for someone to vandalize?
  • Is your home livable or rentable?

These are all questions to consider when looking for vacant home insurance. We can help you determine if the insurance company will find anything on your property to be an “attractive nuisance” and help you consider whether your home is rentable. We’ll do this before you bother applying for insurance, so there are no surprises later.

Setting You Up to Get the Insurance You Need

Insurance companies are tightening the reigns on many of their eligibility requirements. Our agents here at IB&C have extensive experience in the industry, and we can help you understand what features on your property could prevent you from qualifying. We can also help you prepare your home and property for the best insurance options before we get to the application stage.

Shopping, applying and qualifying for insurance can be a lengthy process, so be patient and expect a minimum of 10-13 days after applying before you receive your quotes from us. We like to work fast, but not all insurance companies do! During this waiting period, you won’t be able to apply through other brokers since the insurance companies will only take your application from one broker at a time.  That means it’s essential that you call us first, otherwise we won’t be able to help you.

To get started, give us a call at 530-272-1234 or stop by the office at 1105 Sutton Way in Grass Valley.

We proudly serve and support homeowners throughout the Grass Valley, Nevada City, Penn Valley, Auburn, Roseville, Rocklin, Yuba City, and Marysville areas.

See also: Umbrella Insurance, RV and Boat Insurance

Request a Homeowner’s Insurance Quote

Request a quote from one of our attentive, thorough and local brokers to find out which homeowner’s insurance policy would be right for you.

Call 530-272-1234 or Request a Quote.

allied logohartford logogrange logometlife logotravelers logocig logoforemost logoscottsdale logoaegis logolloyds logo